Saturday, April 16, 2011

...app of the week!

I do not claim to be the most tech savvy but I do download apps to help in my weight loss saga. One of my go-to's is MyFitnessPal. It helps track calories in and calories out. It is web enabled so you can pretty much search any food, generic, name brand, or homemade and get a close calorie count. And you can input exercise details for calorie burn. I am not sure how accurate that is but its great for a general sense of what you are burning.

You can also type in your stats and goal weight and it will design a daily calorie count to reach that goal. To keep you honest you can weigh in periodically to track progress. And if you are a real vouyer you can link to Facebook and your exercise and weigh-ins will update automatically. I personally haven't linked but if you need your social network to motivate you...no harm in that.

Download on Droid or Apple. Website is www.myfitnesspal.com


Vaya!

- gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment