Sunday, May 8, 2011

Always Gordo.

Weight loss,i've learned, is most definitely a journey. It comes with ups and downs, highs and lows, and triumphs and failures. But the key to the journey is never giving up. No matter how off track you get and for how long you, need to stop... Regroup... And start again.

I have been on the weight loss thing for the last 2 years. I would say half of the battle in those 2 years has been regrouping after losing focus. Most recently has been coming off of my ankle injury. It has been a tough month. I have not really had the ability to run, plus my work life has added some extra stress to my everyday life. Everything combined has thrown my eating schedule off and I have barely been able/motivated to burn calories.

I could easily stay in the funk but I know where I was 2 years ago and I know I do not want to go back to that. It is not easy and right now, exercise is the last thing I want to do. But tomorrow is a new day. I owe it to myself. I owe it to those who read this. The commitment to health lasts for a lifetime. And we all can do it. It starts...again...tomorrow. 2 miles in the am.

No comments:

Post a Comment