Sunday, June 12, 2011

Updates

Quick updates:
Was able to log 5 runs (three 3 milers and two 2 milers) this week and biked 10 miles twice. Didn't get to swim because of the rain and scheduling issues but hope to get in the pool 2-3 times this week. I have 8 weeks left before the Tri. Excited. The nerves have not hit yet. But I am sure they will catch up soon.

This week I read that the Ironman is coming to the NYNJ area. I know that is way out of my league but I am tempted to "Tri" to get in. What an accomplishment it would be for the Gordo to complete an Ironman. Maybe I can even film a documentary about it...anyone know a production company that I can pitch the idea to??? Email me at rungordorun@gmail.com.

The good people at Vitalicious have graciously offered to donate products to help me raise funds for Team Fox. I will have more news on that soon. If you haven't heard of their products definitely check out their site. www.vitalicious.com They have awesome 100 calorie snacks. Check them out.

Attended the BeFitNYC expo at Washington Square Park today. Was good to be around people trying to spread the health and Fitness message. Met some cool peeps from NY Road Runners. I may volunteer with them to spread the message to some kids through their Team For Kids program.

Vote for the top 3 "I am Gordo" contest on our FB Page. www.facebook.com/likerungordorun Voting will be open this week. Winner will get a $25 Red Mango gift card. Their FroYo is great.

A lot has been going on this week and the transition of RunGordoRun from blog to a movement is starting to take shape. Too many ideas and not enough time in the day. Hopefully I can stay AWAKE!

Vaya!


No comments:

Post a Comment