Sunday, August 21, 2011

This is my Confession...

So it has been a couple of weeks since I've blogged.  And to say that it has been a lazy couple of weeks it would be a very big understatement.  I wanted to reward myself a few days of relaxing after the Triathlon, but a few days became a couple of weeks.  In that time I would describe my diet as non-existant...

Shake Shake, Birthday Cakes, brunches, lunches, juices, happy hours, and a assortment of desserts from The Dessert Truck.  The last straw was a visit to a heavenly place called The Meat Ball Shop. It is on 84 Stanton Street...Just in case you'd like to try it out.  And I really suggest trying this place out.  Great food and amazing service considering the amount of time you have to wait for a seat...but WORTH the wait.

Back to my diet.  I am a big proponent of treating yourself after working hard but I must confess I took that to the extreme the last couple of weeks.  I know I'll have to pay for my transgressions in working out and running.  Though it was great to not have to worry about calories and gym time I noticed the sluggishness coming on.  I know it was due to the sedentary time.  Its just been hard to get motivated which has made it easy just to push off getting started up again until "tomorrow".   Well my "tomorrow" came yesterday.  I ran 2 miles.  They were tough but not horrible.  But I know there is no way I can run the half marathon in the Bronx next weekend.  I'll just have to shoot to run my next half marathon.  Which will be on October 2, 2011.  The Wineglass Half Marathon in Corning, NY.   Shooting to finally break 2h 3m half marathon time.   We'll see.

The moral of my story is we all have set backs.  Sometimes those setbacks are unavoidable and sometimes we are the reason.  Either way, it does not mean the journey is over.  There is always "tomorrow".

PS: I haven't even checked the scale to see what damage I have caused.  I'll do that "tomorrow".

Vaya!

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment