Monday, September 5, 2011

Short Circuit!

So I wanted to get back into circuit training.  My initial success with losing lbs came from using the Biggest Loser Boot Camp work out DVDs.  They were great for beginners and I was able to lose about 35lbs in the first 6 months of my journey.  But then I discovered running, biking, swimming and I kind of lost the routine of the circuit training.  I figured I was burning enough calories without it.  During this latest regression I figured I would bring it back to where I started and picked up the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD.  My plan was to incorporate the dvd workouts with my running so that I can cut a few more calories while I train for my next half marathon.  A good way to jump start my fat burning and rebuild my total body conditioning.

I just finished my first session. And I am exhausted.  It is a challenging workout.  First, because she uses a 3,2,1 method.  Strength, cardio, abs.  Second, because my conditioning is non-existant at the moment.  At least for circuit training.  During a run I know what my limits are and how to conserve energy.  This ability is either a good thing or a bad thing but according to my scale I need to break my plateau.  The dvd gives you an intense 20 minute workout with a beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.  I completed the beginner and it was not the easiest.  I am sure if you are in great shape this DVD is no problem but for us Gordos out there it will be a good tool to maximize your workout time.  So I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.


Update:  August 7th look out for new content on the website.  I wanted to get it out by the first but had some delays.  But 7 is a lucky number!

Vaya!
Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment