Sunday, January 18, 2015

17 Down...

So it's been 3 weeks since I've been back on the wagon. I haven't really run a lot because it's been either raining or cold most days I've had the extra energy. Beside lowering/monitoring my calorie intake I also started Insanity. I'm into the 3rd week... With a break the lasted a few days. Needed a mental and physical recovery. I started back up today. I just completed Cardio Recovery Week 3. Just going to continue on as if I haven't missed days. I'm just keeping track of the work outs.

The good news is... I've lost 17lbs in 3 weeks. The bad news is I gained 50 in the last year. The grieving process did a number on my emotional eating. It happens. That's the reality of a weight journey. I call it that instead of a "weight-loss" journey because all of us who aspire to be fit lose and gain...many many times. Some of us never get to that "dream" size. But the most important thing is to never quit. Even if you haven't moved in a few days, in a few months, or like me... In almost a year. Just move when you can. However you can.

I have a half marathon next week. Signed up just to get myself motivated. Hopefully it isn't too cold. I plan on running a little bit and walking a lotta bit. It's a 3hr time limit so that is my goal.

I intend on getting some wristbands out again and hope to press some new t-shirts. More on that soon.

Until next time.

Vaya!

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment