Friday, August 24, 2012

26.2

Hey Guys,

So in my attempt to challenge/punish myself I have decided to run a full marathon. Since I am in So-Flo now I will be running the ING Miami Marathon in January.  I have 5 months to train.  I feel a bit nervous about it since the most i've ever run is 13.1.  But if you don't challenge yourself you will never know how far you can go. Excited to cross the finish line though.

And will probably be trying to raise money for charity.  Have the charity picked and now just deciding how much I think I can raise as a goal.   More to come on that.

Also will be reserving a booth at the Marathon Expo when I run.  Will hopefully be unveiling some RGR Running Apparel over that weekend.   We will be looking for some help in the T-shirt biz soon.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Had a quick giveaway contest on Instagram today and have some @RunGordoRun wristbands going to Texas, Nevada, California, New Jersey, and my Beloved NYC.  RGR is going nationwide!!!

As far as my running. I am starting to feel like a runner again.  I have been back on the pavement for about a month and now can run 2 miles without stopping.  Starting back up this time felt horrible. I thought I would never get my form back.  Little by little it is coming back to me.  Tomorrow I am going for 5.5 miles or 6 if I feel good.  Definitely breaking it up with some walk breaks.

RunGorditaRun had a bit of an injury set back this week.  She'll have more on that on her page.  But it comes with the running life.  But we all get back on the track once we get healthy.

Apologies for the lack of focus on this post.  Just wanted to get some nuggets of information out to you.  We will have more substantial content soon.

But in the meantime get up and get going.  Start running! If not now, when?

Vaya!!!

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment