Monday, August 27, 2012

Rock the Bells

Hey Guys,

So I tried out my new Kettle Bell this weekend.  Awesome!  Never thought swinging a ball around would be so hard...and fun.  Since I had no idea what I was doing I searched on Youtube and found a couple of clips.  Check my Twitter feed for some links.  After one 6 minute circuit I was tired so decided to stop.  But I am very excited about continuing to progress with the Kettle.  So much so that I am in the process of purchasing a couple more. I want to be able to swing 2 at a time and do core training with them.  Once I've perfected a routine I will post it so that you can get on that Kettle game!! 

Updates on the running.  Hurricane Isaac came through this weekend but I was able to get in a 5.5 Mile run in on Saturday.  I felt good. As close to my old self except for being a lot slower.  I almost broke 12 minute miles for the entire run but was exhausted towards the end. Came in at 12:04 per mile.  I want to keep adding miles every week and will be doing the research this week on a build up plan for the marathon in January.  I am setting my goal at 5 hours.  I know it's not the most aggressive goal but I am Gordo.  And my fastest half has been 2:40.  So we will see.

We are looking for contributors for the site.  Sorry we can't afford to pay but we can offer some free merch once we are up and running with the T-Shirts. If you are interested in providing Before&After stories, training advice, inspirational stories, anything health and fitness related please hit us up at rungordorun@gmail.com

Vaya!

Gordo.

No comments:

Post a Comment