Tuesday, August 28, 2012

5 Week 5K Training Schedule

Hey Guys!

Well it is now 5 weeks until my 5K. I am signed up for the 2nd Annual Miami Children's Hospital 5K.

I feel pretty good on the road again but I need to get serious. I have just been concentrating on increasing my endurance but I havent really pushed myself. Consider this a warning to my legs...we are going for broke the next 5 weeks. I did some research online regarding 5K prep schedules but none really drew interest. I consider myself a novice at running. I dont mix things up much, I go out and run. That what I enjoy doing...hence the name. I haven't gotten into mixing up my training. I am just no their yet. I am sure I will once the 5K is over. I have already purchased cones for sprint workouts and looking for hills to get some hill work it. But for the next 5 weeks I am just keeping it simple. Running.

With that said I devised my own schedule based on what I think I can accomplish with my life schedule and knowing that I am currently incorporating other types of strength training (Insanity, Kettle Bell) into my fitness schedule. Feel free to copy.

Vaya!

Gordo


















SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
Rest2 MilesRest2 Miles2 Miles2 Miles4 Miles
Rest2 MilesRest2 Miles2 Miles2 Miles5 Miles
Rest3 MilesRest3 Miles3 Miles3 Miles6 Miles
Rest2MilesRest2 Miles3 Miles3 Miles6 miles
Rest3 MilesRest2 Miles3 MilesRestRACE DAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a newbie at races, but when I trained for my 5k I ran 5ks about 3 times a week and took strength training classes (boxing, cardio jump rope, etc) 2 times a week. On the weekend I rested (if you considering chasing a toddler who is as fast as an olympic sprinter resting). My main goal for this first 5k was to not stop running. The next one will be to beat my time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever gets you across the finishline!!! But I read that adding distances longer than the actual race help with your lung capacity so you are able to maintain the speed during the shorter race. But utimately in a 5K you do whatever it takes...lol. Good Luck on the race.

      Delete