Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Hour Pics!!!!

This past Thursday we had the 2nd Annual Wet Suit Happy Hour...At Boss Tweeds in the Lower East Side. This year is was to benefit TeamFox and with the help of all our friends we were able to raise $230 for the charity.  With my company match I am close to $2,000 raised with about $500 to go.  Besides a few uncompetitive games of flip cup (we had a few weak links in the chain) the highlight of the event...as usual...was my grand appearance in a wet suit.  Just want to give a special thanks to the good people at Boss Tweeds for keeping the AC on blast.  A gordo in a wetsuit is a recipe for body heat.    Seriously though, we were treated very well at Boss Tweed's so if you are ever in the LES on Essex St/Delancey stop in for a drink.  Tell them RunGordoRun sent you.

I also want to give a special thank you to everyone that came out. I hope you all had a great time.  To my peeps at RHI (past & present), you always represent and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that.  You all make it easy for me to embarrass myself in a neoprene suit in the middle of a dive bar. Can't wait for next year!

Updates:
1. The NYCTRI is a week away...Goal is to break 4 hours. We'll see how that goes.

2. Next week I will be the father of a 3 year old. So I'll have to have some birthday cake before my Tri.

3.  If you haven't noticed yet we have new tabs on the web page.  We plan on launching a beta version of the RunGordoRun webpage/magazine sometime in August.  There will be Food tips, recipes, exercise tips, injury preventions, review of events, merch store, and local discounts to health and fitness related merchants.  We plan on working the kinks out and relaunching in November.  Launch Party info to come....sans wetsuit.

Thanks again for the support you have shown, whether donations, coming out to the event, sporting the wristband and shirt, or just giving props.

Vaya!

PS: Enjoy the Photos of the event... if you have any of your own please link them to our FB page.
FaceBook











































                                          Photography by Leslie Santos







Buy a Beer Pong Table!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment