Sunday, July 24, 2011

Only 013 Until the...

...The 11th Annual Nautica New York City Triathlon. Yup. That is what's on the home page of the NYCTRI website. I can almost remember when it was 200+ days when I registered. Definitely not as nervous as I am now. Must be the fact that my swimming is not much better than it was last year. But no use worrying with only 013 days left. Seriously, at this point I cannot do anything more to enhance my abilities. I am just concentrating on my swim form and trying to stay health before the race. Not trying to replay my sprained ankle before my last Half Marathon.

I have made some strides on my bike this year. I have been training mostly on the stationary bike. I decided to spend the money on renting a better bike instead of half assing it on a road bike like I did last year. Hopefully it works out. I read somewhere that the stationary offers a comparable workout since you cannot coast on the SBike. I completed a "25" mile ride at the gym on Friday. Took me about 1 hour and 40 minutes. I am sure the real thing will take me longer. I am just shooting for 2 hours. What ever the result I know I trained at least 3 times harder for the bike this year.

I am going to head out for a 5 mile run shortly. I have taken it easy on my runs recently. I have been trying to save my ankle for the race. But have to start increasing my mileage. Besides the NYCTRI I have also signed up for the Bronx Half Marathon on August 28th. So need to get in some long runs before the race.

UPDATE:
This Thursday at Boss Tweeds in the Lower East Side. (Essex St. off of Delancey St.) Happy Hour event to benefit Team Fox. 6pm-9pm All you can drink for $30. Proceeds to go to the charity. I am running the race with Team Fox for the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Free gifts from Gu Energy and Vitalicious. Free RunGordoRun flip cups for everyone who comes.... oh, and I'll be in a wet suit.

***If you cannot make it. Please donate on my donation page. Any donation is accepted. Even if its $1. It is going to a great cause.  I have about $1,000 committed.  And thats without my company match program. Need about $800 more to hit my Goal of $2500.

DONATE

Excited about the Tri.  Want it to be over.  Want to concentrate on just running for a little while... That is until San Juan 70.3 in March.

Vaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment