Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1 mile at a time!

Hey Guys,

So this morning I ran a mile in 10min 22secs.  Not the fastest mile in history but a lot faster than I ran a mile about 2 months ago.  When I started running again in July my first mile took me 13min 43secs with a lot of walking breaks.  During that first mile I knew the road back to respectability would be long, it would be tough, and it would be full of a lot of walking breaks.  But I promised myself, no matter how long it took, or how tired I got, I would commit to progression.  Each run I'd push a little harder.  Each morning, I'd hit snooze one less time.  Every day I would remember the first run/walk that took me 13:43 to complete. The last 2 weeks I have been able to run full miles without walking.  Yesterday and today I was able to run faster than I have in a long time.  I am excited about kicking it into the next gear and running longer distances and participating in a few races in the coming weeks.

I also want to continue inspiring those who want to change their lives towards a healthy lifestyle. Individual health.  Our weight loss/fitness journey will always be our own.  Everyone's ideal health or figure varies by individual. And the reality of what one person can achieve is not easily attained by everyone. So I ask... Why have you started your journey?  What weight, size, endurance, sport, speed is your ultimate goal?  What motivates you?  Who supports you?  What derails you?  What/who gives you the wake up call to get back on track?  I ask these questions because some of you reading this may be in the midst of a breakthrough physically or battling to get back on track.  Maybe its been a few days or weeks since you've worked out.  Maybe you overindulged on dessert tonight.  Maybe you are too exhausted to go out for that run.  Whatever your situation know that our journey is about progression.  If you commit to it you will always find your way back or find that inner strength to go a little faster, a bit longer, a lot harder.

I know that was a bit of a ramble but just I want to let those of you reading know that we appreciate the support and we feel fortunate for those who are sharing their experiences with us.  We have connected with so many inspirational people though the site, twitter, Facebook and Instagram.  People of all shapes and sizes. All living out their journey.  All able to progress.

We can all do it...1 mile at a time.

Vaya!

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment