Sunday, September 23, 2012

You are what you eat...

Or shyt what you eat.  One week out from my 5K.  I had a awesome beginning of the week.  Ran faster than I have in a very long time.  I was feeling great. Pumped to get to the starting line.  Than...I had a bad, very bad, salmon cake at my Mother-in-Law's complex.  I had nausea for 3 days afterwards. I felt sluggish, exhuasted, and defeated.  Which brings me to my point. You definitely are what you eat. I have been doing very good at my running for the last few months but have not been too disciplined on the food side.  And it is starting to take its toll on my progress. So this week before my race I am committing to a NO CHEAT WEEK.  Hopefully I can keep it up longer but I want to feel awesome next Saturday so will start off with the week.  We'll see where it goes from there.

I have been seeing a lot of stuff on eating Paleo...going to do some research and see if its something that will work for me.  Always game to try something new.

Shout out to my Instafam. They've kept me motivated for the last few weeks.  Excited to post my 5K times on Saturday.

Reminder:  If you are running with Gordo hastage me.  #rungordorun on Twitter & Instagram.

Vaya,

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment