Friday, September 28, 2012

Half Marathon Training Schedule

Hey Guys,

So...I ran a sub 10 minute mile this week. Its was 9:55 to be exact but who's counting? I was huffing and puffing down the road so much so that I think I scared the 2 kids walking their dog.  I am defintely not the most graceful runner out there but as of this week I am a sub 10 minute miler...at least for the first mile...cant vouch for the 2nd, or 3rd...at least for now.

I created my running schedule for the next 6 weeks.  It's a half marathon/10K training schedule.  Since I have both races coming up I have to try to run enough to be prepared for both.  Not sure if it is the most aggressive but I thik i'll be able to finish the half on my feet. (See the schedule below and feel free to copy.)

So we've sent out a ton of @rungordorun wristbands this week.  And as we continue sending to different states it has inspired us to get 1 to every state in the U.S.  We want to come up with a campaign to get the word out. I floated an idea to the Gordita that I would run a 50K if we could get the 50 States... 50K/50States.  Thoughts?  I was already planning on running a full marathon in January. I could just run a 50K instead or even just run it on the track in our town.  Maybe on January 1st?  Just a thought.

Well, tomorrow is my 5K.  Going all out to break 35 minutes. I'll keep you posted. 

Go run this weekend!

Vaya,

Gordo










Beginner/Intermediate Half Marathon/10k Training
MON TUES WED THUR FRI SAT SUN
REST 2 2 3 Rest 5K!!! 5 miles
REST 3 miles 2 mile SP 3 miles Rest 3 miles 6 miles
REST 3.5 miles 2 mile SP 3 miles Rest 3.5 miles 7 miles
REST 4 miles 2 mile SP 3 miles Rest 4 miles 8 miles
REST 4 miles 2 mile SP 3 miles Rest 10k!!! 9 miles
REST 5 miles 2 mile SP 3 miles Rest 5 miles 10 miles
REST 2 miles 2 mile SP 3 miles Rest Rest 13.1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment